5 --1 -- 4--1 --3--2
These are the numbers of NEW and prospective members that I have found in chapters I have visited recently. Mu State members are committing themselves to help us grow.
YOU EACH ARE IMPORTANT TO DKG AND MU STATE!
When I have the opportunity to talk with guests at meetings, the responses I receive are always positive. Examples include, • "I've already filled out my application.” • “Your chapter president has made this seem like something I really want to be a part.” • “This sounds really interesting, I want to get to know more about Delta Kappa Gamma." How exciting it is see chapter members inviting their friends and co-workers to attend their meetings! The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International promotes professional and personal growth of "Key" women educators and excellence in education. The life of the organization depends on you. Duplicate yourself by sponsoring a new member--that person will first look to you as their leader. Each of you is a Key Woman Educator.
Ideas that Work
• Sell the sizzle.
• Stress that being asked to be a member is an honor.
• Tell YOUR story.
• Share your gift. What do you do best, enjoy, and find to be a success? It doesn't have to be talking with a teacher. It may be to a friend who knows a teacher.
• Ask friends and people you associate with who they know that teaches. • Visit schools. Make an appointment with a principal to see who they would recommend.
• Ask family members and children if they have a teacher they really like. • Serve as a volunteer in schools.
• Use the new "A Journey for Life" folders as an opener. They are free from International at www.dkg.org
• Promote the value and importance of education.
• List the benefits you have received since being a part of DKG.
• New members want to be a part of your chapter and Mu State, so nvite them to attend Fall Workshop and Conventions.
• All of us do not succeed in the same way, but all of us are successful. Sharing your talents leads to "group success."
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF AND YOUR ABILITY TO INFLUENCE OTHERS.
Mu State offers the opportunity to associate and share ideas with successful women educators. Why were you asked to become a part of our Society? Someone believed in you. We ALL can influence a key woman educator who is just waiting to be invited. Let members and prospects know you care.
EVERYONE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO SOMEONE.
I ask you to attend state, district, and chapter meetings. Find, attend, and provide workshops. Become involved, share your talents, develop friendships between DKG sisters, and make everyone aware of their importance and need within our Society.
ENJOY! YOU ARE THE BEST! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU DO TO MAKE MU STATE A SUCCESS!
Love and blessings,